Saturday, September 1, 2007

Painters are moving along


I was a little worried because the main color on the house (something called "Ponytail," but let's not talk about it) looked lighter and more yellow than I thought it would. It is a little closer to the interior color than I wanted. Anyhow, just this morning Ray showed me a preview of what the highlight color will look like, and it really seems to make a difference. The highlight color is dark chocolate brown, and it will be used on the window sashes, the porch floors, and the concrete toppers to the brick piers and stairs. You can catch a glimpse of the haint blue I'm using on the porch ceilings in the top picture.

In the bottom picture, Sally is staring murderously over my shoulder at a squirrel in a tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am considering buying IKEA cabinets for my kitchen remodel. I like the design choices, but wasn't sure if they were a good quality. How do you like your IKEA cabinets?