Sunday, January 7, 2007

Back on Line




It started out as a busy week at the house, but then I got a cold and lost steam.




I'm almost at the point of thinking it is never going to end, but really, there's not that much to go. This week, Rick brought a couple of friends by to help move most of the furniture into the house, and the pool table was delivered and installed. I bought a decommisioned coin operated table that had been in a local bar.




Also, an electrician came in and helped with some wiring and upgrades. I had planned to install the lights myself, but when I removed the ceiling fans (I hate ceiling fans), there were way too many wires for me to sort out... seven in some cases. So, I had the electician knock it out. It took his assistant about a minute to install all six... amazing to me.




The major indoor projects that I have left are: (a) finishing the grouting in the shower/bath enclosure, (b) grouting and sealing the kitchen floor, (c) installing the appliances, and (d) building and installing the new Ikea cabinets.




My buddy Tom is coming by today to help with the grouting, and Hans has agreed to come help with the cabinets this week. Thank goodness for friends.




2 comments:

King of Kentville said...

The tile floor in the kitchen looks great!! Is it Slate?

Richard Williams said...

Thanks... It is slate. I'm also using smaller slate pieces for the backsplash and to cover part of the kitchen wall that is a chimney for the original cooker.