Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Too blue?






(Note: The top two pictures were taken this afternoon. The bottom picture is the way the bathroom looked on Dec. 1.)

I really didn't mean for the bathroom to be this blue... or anywhere close to this blue. Once I got a patch of it done, I thought, "Well, maybe once the wainscoating is white it'll be better." I'm still not sure the blue is ok or even not-ridiculous, but it is starting to grow on me. I think by the end of the week I might actually like it. I have a rough history choosing paint colors, so who knows.

So far, Lyndal and Christina said that they loved the color, but Chris, the first other guy to see it, really hated it. He rarely says something critical about the house (except when he spotted a gigantic cockroach running for cover under the TV, a situation that has been completely and thoroughly eliminated... thanks Terminix), but he told me, "Dude, this is way too blue" in the same overly-serious tone of voice you use to say things like, "Don't move. There's a tarantula on your shoulder."

No matter your opinion of the blue, you have to admit that the bathroom has come a long way.

2 comments:

kingstreetfarm said...

Girl here. And I love it. It's actually sort of Tiffany blue, at least in the pic.

I will admit that I'm surprised you let ANY blue-ish tone into the room at all, though, based on the "before" pics. Gah!

St. James Cooke said...

i think it looks great! thats the blue i wanted in my bathroom.