Thursday, January 18, 2007

Kitchen and Bath Coming Along



I continue to peck away at the kitchen and bath. I've now officially gone past my original time budget by a week (and counting), and there's not much left in my original financial budget, but neither front is a disaster.
My friend Chris helped me on Monday with the cabinets. The best word I can think of to describe the way Ikea cabinets get put together is "kooky." I'm as impressed as I am befuddled because it really seems like either Dr. Seuss or a mad scientist (engineer?) designed the stuff. Most of it seems overly-complex in its design, and forget about getting much help out of the pictures-only instructions. Either way, once you catch on to its vibe, it all starts to make sense.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Dude, you've been tagged. Sorry.

Don't know what I'm talking about? You can see what I mean on my last post here

Chris at The Emery Restoration

the reluctant remodeler said...

I've been tagged too. :/ But now I have more blogs to stalk, thanks to Chris. Those Ikea cabinets are really quite nice! We've got cabinet issues (a cheap ugly previous owner remodel), and we're mulling over possibilities.

rr