Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Moving Day


Actually, it was more like moving weekend... plus a day. A fundamental law of physics is that nature abhors a vacuum. Well, a little known codicil to that law is that sheds abhor not being full of shit you'll never use again. Honestly, I diligently got rid of stuff in the packing phase. It was fun to leave stuff on the side of the road to see how long it would take for someone to scavenge it. Despite my best efforts, there was still a ton of stuff. Brent, Sharon, Felipe, Rick, and Dick are all heroes for helping me move all of my stuff into the garage of the Hawthorne Rd. place. It took 4 loads in a 14' Uhaul truck to get it done, but it's done. 

In addition, I took 1,900 pounds of junk to the city dump Monday morning. In that pile of stuff were boxes of books that had remained unopened since my last move in 2006. When I lamented, "I hate throwing books away." Rick muttered, "Not me. I'll do it."
Anyhow, here's a picture of the packed garage. You'll note that the pool table got moved. More on that later.

No comments: