Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Demo Started Yesterday

Boy! These guys work fast... the crew got started at 8:15. I came home around 12, and they had made huge progress. The amount of dust was impressive.

I started the demo of the bathroom myself over the weekend. Pulling out the vanity was the grossest thing I'd ever done... for about 10 minutes. That's when I pulled out the toilet, and that was grosser by far. I cut my finger on the rusty flange as I lifted out the toilet, and someone else's poo-water ran straight into the cut. I thought about a quick home-made amputation, but opted for a gallon of disinfectant instead.

Anyhow, the joists were rotten despite what I had been assured by the inspector and by two separate contractors (prior to closing, of course). Realizing that I was in over my head, I asked my crew if they could handle replacing the bathroom floor too. They said they could for a bit more money, and within an hour they had a guy in there sawing away. I know things are probably going to go to hell sooner or later, but I love my crew two days in.








































No comments: