Thursday, December 7, 2006

Major Score

I went to check on the drywall guys an hour ago... they're a couple of nice-enough Mexican guys. The one who speaks English pretty well (Jesus) usually has a question or two for me, and they always start with a nod of his head and "Hey amigo..." I translate "amigo" roughly as "sucker" by the tone, but who knows. Anyhow, they're doing really fast and really great work.

Today, Jesus asked, "Amigo... so what are you doing with those kitchen cabinets?"

I replied, "I'm smashing them out with a sledge hammer. Do you want them?"

He shrugged and said, "Tell you what... you take them out, and leave them on the curb, and I'll come get them."

Wondering what turnip truck he thought I fell off of, I said, "Here's a better deal. You can take them down carefully and take them with you, or you can have them after I smash them out." He smiled, and said, "OK... I'll take them down myself."

Then he asked, "So what are you doing with the refrigerator and stove?" To make a long story short, I negotiated the demo of the rest of the bathroom tiles in exchange for the old refrigerator and range.

I was going to try to sell them, but they're horrible, and it would have been a pain in the neck. I'm feeling really terrific about the deals I struck. I'm sure he's feeling like he got the better end of the deal too and is already thinking of bragging on HIS blog tonight.

3 comments:

Lexi said...

Please ask Jesus if he is in the market for a TV. I'm selling one cheap in Miami.

Para la venta: Niza TV en Miami

bigmeag said...

hey Richard, see if Jesus is interested in Holc and my old vacuum cleaner.

P.S. Let me know if you need me to bring you some pro-shield from work to get the poo off your hands....wait a minute, was this the Christmas Poo?? You will need to clarify because I am not going to be a part of destroying the Christmas Poo.

Lexi said...

Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo lives in Richard's new crack house? cool