Tuesday, December 5, 2006

"You ain't taking no pictures, is ye?"

I took a few more pictures today, but one of the crew asked, "You ain't taking no pictures, is ye?" so I quit. They're sort of country, but boy are they terrific. I'll take a picture of the bathroom in the morning, but that formerly gross hole-to-the-gates-of-hell bathroom "floor" of mine now looks like you could eat off it. I guess the gaping waste pipe might kill an appetite, but still. They finished sistering the rotten joists, putting in subflooring, and then putting in a layer of Durac (for the tile) all before I had finished my second cup of coffee.

4 comments:

Suzan said...

I am really excited about watching this extreme home makeover and I'm even more excited to hear if you have any more contact with poo-water. After looking closely at the front of the house, I realize that I attended a keg party there in 1988. Let me know if you find a roach clip with purple feathers. Also, I speak country if you ever need a translator.

Geoknitter said...

OOoh, this is so exciting! I love the front of the house. Is the structure over the porch finished or is that just attic space? It'd be a neat place for a cute little round window.

Richard Williams said...

Suzan, I'm pretty sure the roach clip conveiged with the house, but I'll check with my realtor. Perhaps we can negotiate something. You sound hot. Doesn't your husband travel overseas some?

Rowena, the attic space isn't finished, nor is it particularly accessible. I'll probably just leave it as is.

Suzan said...

Dear Richard, Are you suggesting that I would grant you some sexual favors to get my Bon Jovi roach clip back!? Well, I guess if it's still attached to a fattie we can work something out... also, if you need to convince your crew to do extra work, let me know and I will come over with my Earnhardt tube top, Daisy Dukes and white leather jacket with the fringe under the armpits. You damn right I'm hot. Thank you Baby Jesus!