Friday, December 22, 2006

Floored!







Wow... the floor guys are real pros. I'm having the hardwoods refinished. Mr. Brady, the head floor guy, is difficult to book because he is in such high demand, but I got lucky, and he and his crew are putting the final coat of polyurethane on this morning.






On Sunday night as I was still painting and grumbling about my no-show painter. Then Mr. Brady called to say that he would be around between 8 and 8:30 the next morning. By 7:50, he had 6 guys in my house working like hell.






Mr. Brady sanded a section of the oak, then he showed me six different stains. I had been considering going darker than average, and when I saw the dark walnut stain, I knew it was the right one. I hope it looks as good finished... we'll find out this afternoon. I've been out of the house for 4 nights, but yesterday I got a quick look at the floors through the windows.

1 comment:

Lexi said...

I do not understand this whole having workers show up close to or at the correct time thing. They are also doing a good job? What? Without any lawsuits? Do you live in Mayberry?